Sunday, April 6, 2008

Dubai Divas Dinner Club

I miss my Houston dinner club so much I decided to start my own here with some of my new friends. Here it will be a very transient group - the nature of the city. Our first dinner was an Arabic menu and the ladies stepped up and did a great job on the food! Some of the names were hard to pronounce, but we had no problem devouring everything!

We had hummus, Prawns in biz'har spices with spicy yellow rice, Fattoush, Tabbouleh, Freekeh risotto with green herbs and broad beans, and mou'hallab'ia. I think the favorite was the freekeh which is like a barley grain. It was cooked like a risotto and extremely tasty! The mou'hallab'ia is a type of custard made with rose water. Yum!

The girls (from left) Tracy, Janice, Heather, Susan, Krissy, Carla, and Laura

Freekah Risotto with Broad beans - Susan's dish

3 comments:

Meredith and TJ said...

Krissy,
I'm thrilled you were able to start a dinner club over in Dubai. The menu looked fantastic! We miss you in the Houston dinner club - hopefully you'll be joining up again in 2010!
Meredith

Wes and Leslie said...

Krissy,
Your menu sounds divine! I missed the last dinner club at Meredith's but I heard the menu rocked! Hope all is well.
Leslie

Amydell said...

Krissy,

What a fantastic idea! Hey- I was never invited to the Houston dinner club! ;) Dylan is precious and it looks like you guys are having a blast! So glad for you all!

Amydell