Sunday, October 7, 2007

Dylan's 5 month update and pictures












I can't believe it, but Dylan is already approaching 6 months! The time is flying by and he's growing so fast.








He rolled over from his back to his belly on August 31st and there's been no going back. He is now exclusively a belly sleeper. I know he'll be crawling soon. He pushes up on his arms until they're straight and can stay like that for a decent amount of time. Today he kicked one of his legs and moved a little bit. I know I'll be chasing him around the villa in no time. I'm going to have to go buy the gates for the stairs! He also can sit up for about 30 seconds and then he tips over. He's learned to put his hands down to brace himself, but his head makes him a little top heavy.

He loves his exersaucer and plays with his toys. He loves to beat his rattle against the exersaucer. He reaches for toys and attempts to move closer to get them. Everything is going into his mouth now. I'm having a difficult time with that because I'm such a germ freak. I guess I'll have to get over it.
We started him on some solids about 2 weeks ago and he is loving it! He tries to grab the spoon himself and ends up covered in food. He eats sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, bananas, and pears. He didn't like broccoli by itself, but when I mix it with carrots or sweet potatoes he's fine. I've been making his food myself and really enjoy it! It's cheaper and I know exactly what's in it.

He's on a pretty good routine now and sleeps from about 9pm until 7:30 or so. At his checkup a week before his 5 month birthday he was 14.1 pounds and 24 inches long.

He laughs now and loves it when you play airplane with him.

We're looking forward to 6 months so he can go to the pool. The baby pool here has a nice canopy over it and the pools are cooled so they stay comfortable. It's still pretty hot here, but the mornings and evenings feel pretty nice.

He knows his name and usually looks at Kel when I ask him where daddy is. He is looking forward to a visit from Grandma Debbie in a few weeks and will be back in Houston for his first Christmas!

Stay posted for the 6 month update!




4 comments:

Monica said...

He looks so happy! He also needs a haircut! ;-)

Sara said...

What a little cutie! I can't wait to see him in December...he'll be so big.

marie said...

I can't believe how much he has grown and his mother's love shows in his happy face.What a blessing to be able to stay fome with him.

Julie said...

I love hearing about everything, doll. Sounds like you adjusting in typical Krissy style...meaning all perfectly timed. ;) Also, Happy Belated! Sending you love!