Monday, July 28, 2008

Picasso at Emirates Palace



Dylan and I got ourselves a little culture and checked out the Picasso exhibit (which is FREE) in Abu Dhabi at Emirates Palace with a few friends. Brief side note on Emirates Palace...it's comparable to Burj Al Arab in decadence, but unlike the Burj, it's completely modest. You can drive right up and valet. At the Burj, you have to have a reservation to even get through the gate.

It was actually pretty cool because the exhibit had little "walkmans" that you could walk around with and hear the history of a painting. Before the exhibit, I hadn't been much of a fan of his cubism period, but after hearing the work that went into it, I had much more respect. Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take pictures in the gallery otherwise I'd have more than me with some cake!



The best part was the cake and tea at the litte cafe outside the exhibit. I'm guessing that's supposed to be Picasso on the cake! It was absolutely divine!

D Dog Picasso'd out on the drive back to Dubai!

No comments: