Sunday, July 27, 2008

Seasonal Affective Disorder in Dubai

Since the beginning of January, there has NOT been one drop of rain. Every day this is it...

Sunny days - idyllic right? Not after 5 1/2 months and counting. I am desperate for a cloud, for a good old Texas thunderstorm in the late afternoon, for anything that appears overcast (except a sand storm). So, you can imagine my excitement when I checked weather.com and there was a 60% chance of rain on Wednesday (before then, I haven't seen anything higher than 10%)! I was thrilled, elated, on cloud 9 (hee hee). I started planning what I would do during my morning of rain - a book, a movie, (actually I was planning on swim suiting it up with D and doing a little dance outside, but the first two sound much more sane).

I've been checking weather.com every hour since last night and giggling like a drunken sorority girl. This morning I pulled up the website again hoping for a spot of cheer, since I woke up to yet another sunny, impossibly hot day.

TueJul 29
Partly Cloudy
102°94°
0%

WedJul 30
AM Clouds / PM Sun
100°90°
10%

ThuJul 31
Partly Cloudy
102°90°
0%

FriAug 1
Mostly Sunny
104°90°
0%

SatAug 2
Partly Cloudy
107°90°
0%

SunAug 3
Partly Cloudy
105°91°
0%

MonAug 4
Partly Cloudy
106°91°
0%

TueAug 5
Sunny
108°91°
0%

Yep, it went from 60% to 10%. Great. Guess it's another day at the pool. 2 1/2 months until the blissfuly unpredictable weather of Hoston.

2 comments:

Sara said...

We're never content with our own weather, are we? Poor Dylan isn't going to know what to do when he experiences a good storm! I'm sure Houston will live up to your expectations while you're here and have crazy weather just for you. :)

Marcie said...

Well, Dallas did get some showers today thankfully it did break up our 100+ days. It is in the 90's, but hey at least it's better than the 100's right.