Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Lost Highway Leads to Abu Dhabi

I was THRILLED when I saw the first commercial that BON JOVI was headed to Abu Dhabi! I begged, pleaded, and bribed Kel to get tickets so I could go! Luckily my friend, Heather, also wanted to go so the husbands were dragged along! The drive down to Abu Dhabi (which is the capital of the UAE - a bit of trivia for you nerdy folk) only takes a little over an hour and the concert was held at Emirates Palace sometimes mistaken for the presidential palace. It's a hotel with a golf course and a private beach.

It was pretty easy getting in and out which is surprising because usually things like that here end up way more complicated than they should be.

The stage was set up outdoors with a pit, gap section, and grandstand seating in the back. We sat in the cheaper gap section, but it was great!


Bon Jovi rocked! For 46, he's looking pretty good!


The entrance to the concert.

The Gap standing section.

Jay and Heather.

Some big Bon Jovi fans and two guys in wigs :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had flash backs of the concert and how great it was!!!! I hope someone good comes when it gets a little cooler outside. Madonna might come in November...rumors

Meredith and TJ said...

The concert looks amazing! I'm impressed he's still rocking out at his age.